i would like to use this section of the website for orchestra members to 'post' information about other musical events ETC. that they are involved in, which they might want to share & publicise!
FROM THE EASTER ORCHESTRA in case anyone is interested
A few places remaining for Easter Orchestra 3-9 April 2020 at Ellesmere College.
Places still available for Violin, Viola and 1 x Trumpet
Amongst the 27 orchestral works in 2020 are
- Martinu: Symphony No.1
- Holst: Planets Suite
- Panufnik: 'Procession for Peace'
- Franz Schmidt: Symphony No 2
- William Grant Still: Symphony No.1 Afro-American
- Britten: Suite from Prince of the Pagodas
- Shostakovich: Symphony No.6
- Prokofiev: Symphony No. 4
- Debussy: Iberia
- Vaughan Williams: Symphony No. 9
- Other pieces by Mahler, Berlioz, Tchaikovsky, Hovhanness, Kabalevsky, Strauss, Nyman, Foulds, Dvorak and more.
From - Steve Herbert.
Dear Members of the Orchestra.
I have left John Packers after 15 years as brass manager. I am now working full time on my website - www.oncelovedmusicalitems.co.uk - and I would be happy to assist any member of the orchestra in the purchase or sale of instruments or accessories.Although at the present time it consists of mainly brass I would be more than happy to assist with woodwind and strings. If you have a few moments spare please have a look at my website. Thank you - Steve Herbert - French Horn.
If you have anything suitable to post, please do get in touch with me. Thanks - Phil